Insights from the Webinar “How to Compete with Online Cabinet Companies”
By Thad Whittenburg
Last week during our webinar, which we hope you were able to attend (or at least see the video afterwards), we took a few polls of the almost 100 participants.
Here are the results:
- Over 9% of the attendees are currently selling online.
- Over 65% WANT to sell online
- 52% said they are aware of jobs lost to online cabinet companies.
What does that say to me?
If over half the companies have lost jobs to an online company, I think it’s safe to say that this channel is not just something that will happen in the future but it’s already a reality and immediate action is needed to bring your company into the new norm.
Those that choose not to embrace this as a part of their business are going to constantly play catch up, however showroom sales are still going to be the strongest avenue for customers to buy through if the experience is that much stronger than online sales. Value always equals margin.
There are 3 avenues to consider:
- Participate in online sales (vanities, tops, faucets, showroom items etc.)
- Move full force into online sales – understand that there is a considerable amount of money that will need to be invested to get this started and it will probably take a while to gain traction.
- Make sure to continue to move your expense model down as a percentage of sales so that its always 30% or less
Whichever direction you decide to go, (even if it’s a combination of these) building a better customer experience is what drives sales and margins. Process mapping both the online and showroom encounters will help you understand what touch and memory points you are creating that can have a very positive impact on your sales and profitability.
Until next time…. please be sure to share your thoughts and comments. email@example.com
Join us in November for our next webinar! ‘How to Embrace Technology to Step up Your Game’
November 29th 11:00 AM -12:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
This webinar is offered at two different times. Click on the button to register and select the time that works best for you.
Comments are closed.